Township Library of Lower Southampton proctors exams during library hours and when proctor is available. This service is open to anyone, but it is up to the individual to make all necessary arrangements and approvals with the institution giving their examination. Contact the Information Desk to schedule an exam at 215-355-1183 X 104. The library reserves the right to refuse any proctor request.
The Library charges $10 per exam for residents and $20 per exam for non-residents. (Proof of residency is the same proof needed for getting a library card). Additional charges: faxing – $2.00 plus 20¢ per page; copying – 20¢ per page. Students must supply envelopes and postage for exams returned by Library. All fees are payable at the time of the exam. The library accepts cash and personal checks only.
- Student is responsible to know the institution’s proctoring requirements and to follow them completely.
- Student must schedule an exam well before the deadline established by the institution. Tests must be scheduled during library hours with a minimum of 7 days in advance – no exception, please.
- Student is responsible for securing Proctor’s approval by institution.
- The Proctor is bound to administer exams as instructed by the institution – NO EXCEPTIONS. This includes time limit for exam, use of notes, textbooks, calculators, etc. Any perceived violation of the posted rules for the exam will be reported to the educational institution.
- Student’s use of cell phones or visiting with others is strictly prohibited during test taking.
- Student will arrive promptly at their exam time, prepared with the items required for taking the test. These may include picture I.D., money, pens/pencils and calculator. Only items listed in the instructions will be allowed in the test area.
- Student is responsible for securing personal items before the test begins.
- Tests taken on public computers must be compatible with the hardware and software available on the Library workstations.
- Librarians cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves.
- At the end of exam, Student will supply envelopes and postage, pay for faxing, etc. according to return method by institution.
- Lower Southampton Library will not be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been mailed back to the educational institution.
- The Library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by Library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The Library will not keep copies of completed exams. Exams not taken by the date on which they were to be completed are either discarded or returned.