Rules for Using the Meeting Room
The Meeting Room of the Township Library of Lower Southampton is intended to promote library programs and services. The Library Board of Directors welcomes individuals, groups, and organizations to take advantage of these facilities for use beyond the Library’s needs.
Large Meeting Room with 12 Tables, seating for 80, and hospitality area. Access to Restrooms.
Availability of Facility
- Any organization desiring to reserve the Meeting Room for educational, civic, or cultural reasons may be permitted to do so for a per hour fee. Please see rental fees for amounts.
- Facilities will be reserved in the following priority:
- Library sponsored meetings/programs
- Friends of the Library sponsored meetings/programs
- Local government meetings/programs
- Local Non-Profit educational, cultural, civic, or social organizations
- Other Non-Profit educational, cultural, civic, or social organizations
- For-Profit organizations/business meetings/programs
- All meetings must be held during Library hours of operation and must end at least 15 minutes before the library closes. Exceptions will include library-affiliated meetings.
- Meetings held in the library are considered public meetings and open to all wishing to attend, subject to health and safety requirements. Library Staff and Board members may enter meetings freely at any time.
The Library Board shall have the final authority in granting or refusing permission for the use of library facilities and has the right to revise any meeting arrangements and to preempt established arrangements based on the above priority designation. In such instances, the Library will provide reasonable notification to the user.
- Applications shall be submitted to the Bookkeeper | Administrative Assistant who will review the application and inform the contact person as to availability. A contact person, directly associated with the group, and 18 years of age or older, shall give his name, address, and telephone number, along with a brief description of the program or meeting to be held. This person shall sign the application committing him/herself to be responsible for the condition of the room.
- Reservations should be made at least 2 weeks in advance and no more than 6 months in advance. Payment of any applicable fee must be made upon acceptance of reservation.
- Formal groups or organizations must provide a certificate of insurance naming the Library as an additional insured upon acceptance of reservation.
- A new application must be completed for each use or annually for regularly use.
- No group or organization may meet more than 12 times within a 12 month period.
- Meeting Room: $35.00 per hour
- Set up and take down times must be included
- Equipment Use: Flat Charge of $25.00
- The equipment offered is a projector, cables/connectors for devices, projector screen, DVD player, laptop, & microphone.
- The fee is non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation, the fee may be used for another meeting within 6 months. No-shows will be charged the full rental fee.
- In the event of a weather-related closing or a power outage, the library will not remain open to accommodate meeting room use. The organization/business and/or individual is responsible for notifying its members/guests that the event has been cancelled.
- If the event includes minors, adult supervision must be provided at all times while on library property.
- The organization assumes responsibility for any damage to Library property. Any damage incurred will be billed directly to the sponsoring organization.
- The Library assumes no liability for personal injury or responsibility for any property placed or left in the Meeting Room in connection with the meeting. The Library cannot accept any material for storage.
- The organization shall specify if food or beverage is to be served. Smoking is prohibited and no alcoholic beverages may be served. No open flames or heating devices are permitted.
- Each organization must set up chairs and tables in whatever configuration is needed. No decorations, posters, etc. may be affixed to the walls or ceilings. Proposals for any form of decoration must be submitted with the application and approved. Cleanup and disposal is required before the end of the program. The room must be returned to the original set up after use.
- Both non-profits and for-profits are prohibited from charging for any event.
- The library is the location of the meeting, not the sponsor. All advertising must show the following statement, “The Township Library of Lower Southampton does not endorse or advocate the views of any group using our Meeting Room.”
- Applicants are responsible for their own publicity and registration, where applicable. The library’s name, address, or telephone number may not be used as the contact person. The use of the library’s meeting space by a non-library group cannot be publicized in such a way as to imply library sponsorship of the group’s activities.
The Board of Directors reserved the right to change this policy as it deems fit and reserves the right to disallow or revoke permission granted to certain organization from using the Meeting Room if that organization has violated these rules, or it is believed by the Board that the use of the rooms will interfere with Library operations, adversely affect public safety or cause public disturbance