Help us renovate our children’s area in honor of Joan Bowman.
If you’ve brought your little ones to our library, you probably spent time in the children’s area. Your kids might have enjoyed the train table or one of our new Kindle Fires, while you scanned the shelves for books to take home and share. It’s a cozy, well-loved spot for our youngest readers, but we’re looking forward to the day we can renovate this important space to fit the needs of today’s youngsters, and add dedicated spaces for our school-aged visitors and teens.
Inspired by the legacy of Joan Bowman, a former children’s librarian and a dedicated member of our own library board, we are planning to redesign the children’s area and dedicate it in her name. Imagine a transformed children’s space with:
- Kid-sized shelving and furniture – so they can easily find books and get comfortable reading
- Colorful and enticing reading nooks
- Special spots for playing games, acting out stories, and building with LEGOs
- Space for Pokémon Club, art classes, and other engaging activities
- Up-to-date technology for active learning and play
Right now, these ideas are all dreams waiting to become realities – and you can make that happen.
Please help us make Joan’s Room a reality. Your gift will help us provide a warm, welcoming area where children and families can play and learn.
Please mail or bring donations to Township Library of Lower Southampton, 1983 Bridgetown Pike, Feasterville, PA 19053.